Aren't Donuts just... LIFE?!
Who doesn't love a good donut? Well I'm pleased to announce I just made an easy and delicious donut recipe (baked not fried). I also was able to make mine gluten-free (even though the recipe called for regular flour) so my gluten-free peeps can indulge and enjoy too! Check it out.
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Powdered sugar
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cups Whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (or any oil)
- 1/2 cup Milk (any milk)
- 1/4 cup Water
Recipe Notes (Compliments of KimsCravings.com)
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir in egg, milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil. I add the coconut oil last and stir swiftly, as to avoid it hardening up. Gradually, stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into a liberally greased donut pan (nonstick spray works fine). You can also use a piping bag or a freezer bag with the tip snipped off to pipe the donut batter into the pan. Divide equally to create 10 donuts. Batter should fill donut molds to the center (but not cover it).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. (20 min for gluten free) Let donuts cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the donut pan. You may need to use a knife to remove each donut from the pan.
- To make the donut glaze, mix all glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. You may need to add a bit more water 1-2 teaspoons at a time for the right consistency.
- Dip warm donuts into the glaze, making sure to coat both sides, if desired. Place onto wire cooling rack to allow excess glaze drip down. The glaze will eventually set + harden on the donuts after about 20 minutes.